Thursday, July 18, 2019

My Bird Died of Hypothermia by Violet Mieras

My bird, Cloud died of hypothermia after she took a bath. Cloud was dirty, so I gave her a bath. it was cold in our house that day. Cloud was wet and huddled up in the corner of her cage. I showed my mom and she tried warming her up. It was too late. I messed up, and bad. Right when Cloud started to like me this happened. I was crying so much; I was so sad!

My mom said it was not my fault, but I knew I killed the bird. Parakeets get hypothermia at about 65 degrees Fahrenheit, that’s re cold. How would you like an animal, that was your favorite to die in your arms of hypothermia? It would be sad wouldn’t it? To this day I still think that I killed the little bird.

That little gray fluffy bird I shall still remember through my life she shall always be in my heart and alongside me through my journey in life I will never forget you. If I could tell you this is what I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment